Tuesday, February 4, 2020

The Unfinished Cheesecake

After, what seems like a million years, today, I have some gut-wrenching feelings I once had. The stomach churns up within itself, I smile, I desire, I fathom that thoughts can be controlled but feelings cannot! I envisage myself to be beautiful and you being aggressively in love with me. Are you around? Who are you ? Why did I see you in my dream yesterday ? We haven’t talked, haven’t had the connection ever and why do I see you ? Seeing you doesn’t bother me, what bothers me is Why do I feel you ? You have never touched me and yet how mystical it is, that I can feel you ? Why do I feel that when we kiss, if we would have ever kissed, it will be or it would have been the best feeling in the world? Damn, is it the thrill ? The path which is less taken or not taken at all, what is it that makes my world go round and round ?
What is this ? My brain cells fail to comprehend so many things and this is one of them. Too many questions, no outcome, but here I am, smiling away, is that all that matters? Who are you ?
Not that, I am unhappy in any way but do you feel I am missing on something and you are here to fill it up ? Damn, That feeling when you are about to give an exam and nothing else matters at that point, that is how this feels. What is it ? 
There is no name and then at the end of the day, I question why should there be a name, a purpose, a result, to everything in life. How about leaving something incomplete, unfinished, that you can come back again and again to savor it ? 
It is like the cheesecake, you have had a fulfilling dinner yet, when cheesecake comes in, everything around you stops, you look at it, you try to control it, but, you are way too tempted to not touch it, you take a bite, and you want one more, you never want to finish it, yet you want to own it. 
Who are you ? The cheesecake ? 
Are you the temptation that sticks around for a while and then vanishes like smoke in the air ? Or, where you always around, but hiding away and I just figured out? 
Who are you ? Until, we figure it out, you are the cheesecake. I will savor you, may be, leaving you incomplete and sit here and contemplate if I feel incomplete without you ? 
I may sit here and contemplate, if I ever have to feel complete ? 
Why do we have to finish things off. Let you be the unfinished Cheesecake, atleast for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment